Nigeria’s president Muhammadu Buhari has declared his asset.
A statement by the Senior Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr Garba Shehu said that prior to being sworn in on May 29, President Buhari had the followings:
1. N30 million to his name. He also had only one bank account, with theUnion Bank.
2. 5 homes, and two mud houses in Daura
3. 2 undeveloped plots of land, one in Kano and the other in Port Harcourt.
4. Own Farms, an orchard and a ranch. The total number of his holdings in the farm include 270 heads of cattle, 25 sheep, five horses, a variety of birds and a number of economic trees”.
5. Uses a number of cars, two of which he bought from his savings and the others supplied to him by the federal government in his capacity as former Head of State. The rest were donated to him by well-wishers after his jeep was damaged in a boko haram bomb attack on his convoy in July 2014.
6. President Buhari “had shares in Berger Paints,Union Bankand Skye Bank”.