France 5-2 Iceland on Sunday, 03 July 2016 at the Stade De France, Paris, France for the UEFA European Championship 2016 Quarterfinal as the Hosts France scores 5 goals past helpless Iceland to reach Semifinals.
Absolute cracking first half performance from France saw them put 4 past pretty much helpless Iceland side. Olivier Giroud scored the opening goal when he beat the offside trap and found himself one on one with keeper, he slotted through Keeper’s legs to put France in front. Paul Pogba thumping header in 20th minute made it 2-0 followed by two quick goals just before the break from Dimitri Payet and Antoine Griezmann.
Fairy tale run of Iceland came to an abrupt end as France came out stronger in the first half. They absolutely hammered Iceland and brought right back down to earth. Goals from Giroud, Pogba, Payet and Griezmann had put France in commanding 4-0 lead as we went into the break.
France 5 – 2 Iceland (July-03-2016) UEFA European Championship 2016 Quarterfinal Highlights
- 13′ 1 – 0 Olivier Giroud scored with a class finish between keepers leg to put France 1-0 up.
- 20′ 2 – 0 Paul Pogba header on the corner kick routine made it 2-0 as France went into cruising mode.
- 43′ 3 – 0 Dimitri Payet continued his goalscoring form with a another superb goal with a low left foot drive in the bottom corner.
- 45′ 4 – 0 Antoine Griezmann made it 4-0 just before the break to put the tie to bed.
- 56′ 4 – 1 Kolbeinn Sigthorsson scored just after the break but it was not more than a consolation goal.
- 59′ 5 – 1 Olivier Giroud headed home the fifth for France
- 84′ 5 – 2 Birkir Bjarnason found the back of the net to make the scoreline less embarrassing.
2,658,208 total views, 1 views today