JAMB 2016 Change Of Course or Institution is Now Available

JAMB 2016 Change Of Course or Institution is Now Available

JAMB 2016 Change Of Course or Institution is Now Available

JAMB 2016 Change Of Course/Institution is Now Available, Read This Before Changing Your Course or Institution, The aim of this post is to help and guide you in other to avoid mistakes that may not be corrected after changing your course or institution,so if you have not done yours, kindly take few minutes to go through this post before proceeding and Please read the entire post contents before proceeding. This process can only be done once and changes can never be undone.

You can now apply to change your course or institution for the 2016 UTME by following procedures on this page.
Yscholars JAMB 2016 Change Of Course/Institution Procedure helps you to Change your Course/Institution and as well rectify errors and will not be liable for any errors made outside using our procedures for your JAMB change of course/institution as stated below.

JAMB change of course/institution procedures and new scratch cards are to be bought for this service for you. If you follow our procedures as exactly stated below, be rest assured that your changes will be done exactly how you want it to be.

The procedure helps a candidates to change their 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice courses or institutions. These changes are done very easily, and the changes when saved and are done are meant to reflect on the JAMB System immediately.

Reasons for JAMB 2016 Change Of Course/Institution

Please read the Reasons why you may want to change your Course or Institution. There are obviously five (5) good reasons why a candidate may need to change his/her jamb choice of course or institution or both and please if you reasons are not based on the following, then just leave your JAMB Course or Institution the way it is:

Case 1: Due to Low UTME score, Which may Require change of Institution: After the release of Jamb results, the next thing to face is post-UTME and admissions. Now take for instance that someone applied for a federal university who will probably fix a cut-off mark of 200 and above; if such candidate scored less than 200, it simply means he/she has lost the admission. In this case the change of institution to a state-owned/private University becomes necessary. State universities generally fix cut-off marks below 200.

Case 2: Due to Low UTME score, Which may Require change of Course: Just like case 1 above, this happens when a candidate chose a very competitive course like Law, Medicine and Surgery, Pharmacy, Engineering, etc. Several courses have greater number of applicants than others and such courses invariably attract very high cut-off marks. To avoid being left aside a candidate is advised to go for change of course within the same institution/faculty.

Case 3: Incomplete O’level results In this case candidates who may have ran into deficiency of required credit passes in some key/relevant subjects may decide to go for.

Case 4: Mistakes during registration Was there a mistake while filling your registration by either you or the business/cyber cafe? With this help, you can now correct any errors made during registration of your course or institution.

Case 5: Other causes These includes several factors ranging from finance, change in Geographical locations, Parent’s suggestions, Fear of Tribal differences, etc. Such cases treated under this heading result to change of institution.

This is to inform all the candidates that attempted the 2016 Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) via CBT mode of testing that that they can now do their change of course or institution.

The 2016 JAMB change of course/institution can only be effected by JAMB Authorised registration centres alone. Meaning that, it cannot be done by cyber cafes or business centres or individuals not certified by JAMB.

You can also go to JAMB Office to carry out the change.


See How to Apply for JAMB Change of Institution and Course Below.

How do I apply for change of Institution/Course?

  1. Go to commercial banks or JAMB Offices to get the change of Course/Institution scratch card which is N2,500 (two thousand five hundred naira only).

  2. After acquiring the scratch card, proceed to http://www.jamb.org.ng/unifiedtme3/regCentreLogin.aspx to change your Course/Institution.

  3. To Login, Input your Username and Password, If you have NOT created an account, click the No Account Yet, Click Here link. Only your Access Code is required to create account.

Note: JAMB 2016 Change Of Course/Institution can only be done through Registration Centres ONLY, View Registration Centres Click HERE. Before you can Change Course/Institution for 2016 UTME registered candidates, an Account MUST be created. This shall be used to login subsequently. If you have NOT created an account, click the No Account Yet, Click Here link. Only your Access Code is required to create account.

If you require any further information or assitance on this service, please use Yscholars Ask Questions, Comment Box or mail us at info@Yscholars.com

Share this with family & friends…

Frequently Asked Questions on JAMB 2016 Change Of Course/Institution

When am I allowed to change my course or institution?

The change of institution or course usually begins immediately the UTME results are released.

Does changing my institution or course affect me in future?

As long as the procedure is carried out within the time frame of the process, IT DOES NOT AFFECT THE CANDIDATE in future. The process is carried out and changes are made on JAMB System.

Will I get a new photocard?

Yes. You will be provided with a new photocard, which you can print at anytime you want without limits when ever you log into your JAMB account.

Can I change both Course and Institution?

You are absolutely allowed to change one or all of your courses or institutions.

Can I change both for 1st or 2nd Choice?

Yes, you are allowed to change both 1st and 2nd choice. However after a stipulated time, you will no longer be able to change your 1st choice.

Please NOTE: Here are the things to note before changing your course or institution:

  1. O’level And UTME Combination: Many JAMB candidates do not bear this in mind before purchasing their form,you ought to first confirm that your UTME Subject combination and your O’level result tallies with the required criteria needed to be admitted to study that particular course since many institutions have specific standard requirements for all courses offered.
  2. Changing From Course Not Related To Your UTME Combination: You read the heading right? You have to put it at the back of your mind when filling the form, imagine candidates who sat for science-related subjects in JAMB requesting to change their courses to a management-related course. There is no way any institution will admit you into a course that you did not meet the standard requirement to study. Avoid this mistake and choose wisely the course related with the one you sat for on your UTME exam.

  3. Choosing Wrong Institution: For candidates didn’t meet with their institution cut off mark and wish to change, you better make sure you are choosing the right institution,before changing your institution make sure you know the cut off mark,and you are that you beat the cut of mark. Also ensure that the institution are offering the course you are applying.

Source: Yscholars

2,054 total views, 1 views today


  1. I choose unilorin and I want to change my course……
    is it better to do it at unilorin b4 post utme or I should acquire the jamb change of course nw……….which one is better


Your "Name" and "Comment" Below...