FC Barcelona blitz past Rayo Vallecano in what was a very one-sided affair. Lionel Messi scored hattrick in what was a very action packed game where Vallecano saw two straight reds, Suarez missed penalty and Rakitic opened the scoring.
Barcelona ran out 5-1 winners in what as a very easy win for Luis Enrique side. Watch match highlights of the game here as Barcelona secured yet another La Liga win and became the team with longest unbeaten streak in Spanish football history with 35 games without a losss when they defeated Rayo Vallecano on Thursday night.
In the process they also regained their 8 points lead at top of the table.
Ivan Rakitic scored the opening goal for Barcelona in 22 minute while Lionel Messi added another minute later to make it 2-0.
Vallecano player Diego Llorente saw a straight red killing the game off pretty much before the break. After the break it was all Barcelona as they added another three and Vallecano got their second player sent off.
Rayo Vallecano 1 – 5 Barcelona –Match Highlights
- Ivan Rakitic (1st goal) scored in 22 minute for Barcelona (1 – 0).
- Lionel Messi (2nd goal) poked home from close range after Neymar reverse pass inside the box (2 – 0).
- Diego Llorente (1st goal for Vallecano) saw a straight red just before the break leading Vallecano with 10 men for remaining 45 minutes (2 – 1).
- Lionel Messi was on target again in second half with his second of the night:
Manucho got one back for Vallecano but too little too late.
- 69′ 1–3 (pen.) Luis Suarez (3rd goal).
- 72′ 1–4 Lionel Messi (4th goal).
85′ 1–5 Arda Turan (5th goal).
Barcelona moved eight points clear at the top of La Liga with a 5-1 victory over Rayo Vallecano that saw Luis Enrique’s side make history by going 35 games unbeaten.
600 total views, 2 views today