Lagos State Mobile Court New Traffic Law for Traffic & Environmental Offenders Only, Under the Lagos Traffic Law of 2012, which will be strictly enforced from Monday by the Traffic Courts, violators of some of the offences can be jailed for some number of months.
The state government of Lagos State, Nigeria last Friday inaugurated five Mobile Court buses for road traffic offenders, with a pledge to end impunity on the roads.
The Chief Judge of the State, Justice Olufunmilayo Atilade and the State’s Attorney General, Kazeem Adeniji, restated their commitments to ridding Lagos of recklessness and impunity on the roads at the inauguration.
Below are the Lagos State Mobile Court New Traffic Law offences that Only Traffic & Environmental Offenders can either be fined, imprisoned or fined and imprisoned at the same time .
1. Driving an unlicensed vehicle
2. Driving with a fake number plate
3. Driving a vehicle with an unauthorized or defective number plate
4. Driving with a forged driver’s licence
5. Neglect of traffic directions
6. Driving motorcycle without approved crash element by driver and passenger
7. Operating vehicle within restricted routes or beyond official hours
1,794 total views, 1 views today